Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just another ordinary post..Can't make heads or tail about this one

My worthless life slipped away as my beautiful wife sat silently beside my bed, tears streaming down her face, holding my left hand that was decorated by a five dollar ring she gave me on our wedding. It was all she could afford then but I always felt it was the most beautiful and precious ring ever because the love that came with it was priceless. I desperately tried to tell her not to cry, tried to let her know that I was beside her, reminded her that I am never gonna leave her, but my efforts were in vain, she could neither see me nor hear me. Then, my six year old daughter Amy rushed to my bed, hugging me with all her might, urging me to get up and have a look at her new dress. I tried to hug her and tell her that everything is gonna be alright, but I could not feel a thing. All of a sudden, my parents, friends and neighbors started running into our room and then the room was filled with cries. Unable to stand the commotion, I left my room and decided to head outside. Everything was the same apart from the fact that I would never be a part of this family again. The picture of me, my wife and Amy on Christmas Day still hung by the fireplace, my favorite chair still rocking beside the couch where my wife used to sit down and watched tv with Amy.
Outside it was a beautiful day, the sun was brighter than ever, seemed like another ordinary day but for me and my family, it will be a start of a new chapter, a life without a son, a husband and a father. I had no idea if life would be okay for them without me. I believe they will deal with it like anyone else.But what about me? Will i be fine without them? Does this mean that I am going to be alone from now on? Is there really a Heaven and Hell? If it is, where do I go, Heaven or Hell? Am I a good person when I was alive. I am sure that I was a decent human being for some, but would being good to a few people enough to get me a ticket to heaven?
Why does life has to end in the first place? Could there be a better place when you already are with the ones you love? Why can’t we all die together instead of having a headstart and leaving everyone else behind? The life I had was amazing so why would I want to go to another place. Can God not decide who dies and lives? In fact, would it be so hard for Him to make death disappear?

No comments: