Sunday, September 25, 2011

TRIBUTE to my PARENTS

If you fall, I won't worry cos' I know that you are strong, you will get back on your feet and never look back. If I fall, I won't have the strength to get back up, but I won't worry. I know you will come running and help me back on my feet, steadied me and lead me through a couple of rough terrains until you are convinced that I will be ok on my own. When you cry, I won't be around cos' I know you don't want me to see you cry, you will wipe your tears and put on a smile, then you will tell me what a great day you had, cos' that's what you always do when you wanna hide your tears. But when I cry, I know you'll always be around cos you know how much I needed a shoulder to cry on.
Whatever comes your way, you never complained because you always found a way to weather the darkest storm. I always have reasons to complain on almost everything, but you are never tired of telling me how to overcome the worst possible nightmares. You will give away everything you have for what I want, even if it is not enough to get me what I want, you'll still try for the next best thing. But I never seem to appreciate the sacrifices you have made, and threatened to walk away from you even when it's pretty clear that I would not survive a day without you. A normal human being would cut me off completely for being such an arrogant pain in the neck, instead you apologized and vowed to give me everything I wanna have.
When things did not go my way and all my so called greatest plans went down the tube, when all my friends labeled me a sore loser who would never succeed, you held my hands and told me how wrong my friends were and promised we prove them all wrong. Indeed, we proved them wrong. And how did I show my appreciation? By inviting my friends over for a celebration and asked you not to be around while they are there.
I never understand how you prepared to lose everything for me. I don't understand why you tried so hard to make me the person I am now. All the sacrifices you made, all the hardships you been through, all the great things you lose, all the wonderful friends you let go because of me, make me realise what a horrible person I have been. I know its impossible to make up for everything I've done, what's worse is I never even make an attempt to at least try and give back a few. But I never hear you complain. How could I be so blind not to see the greatest gifts that's been in front of me my whole life?
Now that I've grown up, and have children of my own. Each day is a lesson learnt. I'm beginning to understand why you tried so hard, why you always stood strong, sacrificed everything. I'm starting to see the reason for every effort you made. I may never forgive myself for not realising it for such a long time. But Mom, Dad, if my children grow up and understand my every reasons, then may be, just may be I'll forgive myself.
This sure take a long time, but MOM, DAD, I love You more than anything else.

No comments: